Aug 29, 2012

Mujhe upper jaana hai…. I want to climb high!!!

During the northern grid failure I was sitting out in the stairs along with the bacha when the bacha suddenly got out of my lap and started climbing the stairs. At first I was really apprehensive and tried to stop her from doing so as I was scared that bacha might hurt herself. But bacha was determined that she wanted to climb the stairs. By the way Devaangi appears to be very head strong right from this stage itself. Once she sets her mind on doing a thing she tries her best to do it.  So I soon realized that if bacha has set her mind to climb the stairs she will any ways try to do it so I let her try it out. I was however right behind the bacha to hold her in case she loses her balance. Par bacha being a determined child who does what she wants to do, bacha managed to climb the flight of stairs to reach the 2nd floor of the building. Imagine a 11  month old bacha climbing one complete floor (mind you DDA stairs are quite high).
Well bacha climbed the stairs again and this time maa made her do so J I know that was naughty of me to do it but nevertheless I tries it out. Other day I took Devaangi out for a stroll in her pram. When we came back I realized that I had forgotten to take my cell phone so I couldn’t call the maid to come down and take the pram upstairs. So I tried to act smart. I folded the pram and lifted it to take it upstairs on my own and put bacha down on the first stair. Guess what bacha climbed the complete flight of stairs to reach the landing area. This is where I left the pram and held bacha in my arms and took her in my arms to cover the  remaining stairs. You might say it was mean of me to do so but I actually wanted bacha to do this as part of her growing up activities!!!

No comments: